CBRE Group, Inc. Releases Ninth Annual Corporate Responsibility Report
Los Angeles – September 21, 2016 – CBRE Group, Inc., a leader in responsible business practices within the commercial real estate industry, has released its ninth annual Corporate Responsibility Report, which provides an overview of the global social, economic and environmental impacts of CBRE’s operations. “Inside Advantage—2015 Corporate Responsibility Report” highlights the significant accomplishments and milestones of CBRE’s corporate responsibility program throughout 2015 and early 2016.
“At the core of our industry leadership is a commitment to responsible business practices,” said Bob Sulentic, CBRE’s president and chief executive officer. “Our more than 70,000 employees are connected globally by our collaborative culture and our commitment to delivering exceptional outcomes for CBRE clients.”
CBRE achievements highlighted in the report include:
- In 2015, CBRE registered and benchmarked 1,619 buildings totaling more than 262 million square feet to EPA ENERGY STAR guidelines.
- CBRE’s 346 buildings under management awarded the ENERGY STAR label represented nearly 4% of the total U.S. office buildings labeled in ENERGY STAR.
- CBRE’s LEED Existing Buildings (EB) consulting team completed 148 certifications totaling more than 23 million square feet in 2015. Since the team was formed in 2009, it has certified 485 buildings totaling more than 132 million square feet—more than any other LEED EB consultant in the world.
- In 2015, CBRE launched a world-class, cloud-based global Learning Management System (LMS), demonstrating our commitment to education and inspiring employees to take control of their own professional development.
- In the United Kingdom, we received a total of 40 Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Health & Safety Awards in 2015.
- CBRE global corporate and employee donations reached their highest amount to date—$13 million—in 2015, supporting a range of nonprofit organizations, as well as securing recognition for a number of partnerships.
- CBRE released its first Supplier Code of Conduct, which sets forth fundamental ethical and business conduct requirements for our suppliers and reflects a heightened focus on using the company’s multi-billion dollar global supply chain to promote sustainable business practices.
- In 2015, CBRE updated its global Human Rights Policy and has responded proactively to the U.K. Modern Slavery Act (2015).
- CBRE earned an overall ISS Quickscore of 2, reflecting a continued emphasis on strong governance practices.
In conjunction with the release of the 2015 Corporate Responsibility Report, CBRE is also releasing its first annual CBRE Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement, available at www.cbre.com/suppliers.
“Inside Advantage—2015 Corporate Responsibility Report” was developed in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 guidelines at the Core level and includes the company’s progress toward implementing the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
CBRE has been recognized throughout 2016 for its corporate responsibility practices and performance. For the third year in a row, CBRE was included in both the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America and the FTSE4Good Index Series, reflecting the strength of its performance regarding environmental, social and governance issues. In 2016, CBRE was ranked 15th on the Forbes “America’s Best Employers” list, included in Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies for the fourth straight year, included in Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 2016 100 Best Corporate Citizens List, named a World’s Most Ethical Company by The Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year and received an EPA 2016 ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year Sustained Excellence Award for the ninth year in a row.
More information on corporate responsibility at CBRE can be found at www.cbre.com/responsibility.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2015 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.
SOURCE: CBRE Group, Inc.