All-in-one HR platform gives employees mobile access to benefits information, employee directory, and common tasks like time-off requests.
San Francisco, Calif. (June 2, 2016) — Zenefits, the leading all-in-one HR solution for small businesses, today announced availability of a new mobile application that lets employees – whether they work in an office or on the go – access their benefits information, pay stubs, flexible benefit account balances, request time off, and other people functions. The mobile app also allows employees to connect with coworkers through an employee directory.
Prior to Zenefits, all-in-one HR platforms were out of reach for small businesses in terms of cost and complexity. Ironically, it’s often small businesses that need them the most. Small business owners spend a lot of time on HR-related administration: recent surveys estimate this work consumes up to 35 percent of their time, much of that handling employee paperwork. By connecting the disparate HR systems required to run a small business, Zenefits streamlines administrative work and can eliminate thousands of hours of paperwork.
“The Zenefits mobile app puts HR in your pocket, giving employees greater access to their benefits information and saving small business owners and HR managers time, no matter where they are. The moment you need your summary of benefits most is when you’re walking into your doctor’s office or pharmacy, not in the middle of your work day,” said Arisa Amano, VP of Product, Zenefits. “The Zenefits mobile app lets people see a summary of their insurance benefits, confirm their commuter benefits balance before boarding a train, or request time off when making plans with friends and family. It gives people access to information and the ability to take action on it when they need it most.”
“Our team is mostly on their feet with customers all day, not in front of computers,” said Karissa Bresheare, Gourmet Latté Inc. CEO, which operates 16 stores in the Pacific Northwest. “Giving employees this type of mobile access to their benefits and our employee directory is critical. They’re going to use it 100x more than if it was only available on their desktops.”
The Zenefits mobile app for iPhone is now available in the Apple App Store and allows users to:
- Connect with coworkers via employee directory – Easily search for people, view departments and roles, and connect with coworkers by phone, text message, and email with one click.
- Access health insurance details when needed – View insurance summary of benefits and policy information at the doctor, dentist or pharmacy to confirm coverage of recommended procedures.
- Request time off with automated approval flow – Quickly view the company time-off policy, holiday calendar and submit requests. The built in approval workflow makes requesting and approving easy and the system automatically tracks and calculates accruals. Employees also have visibility into their request history and remaining time-off balances.
- View flexible spending account balances – View real-time account balances for flexible spending accounts (FSA, HSA) and commuter benefits and easily order a replacement card if the original is ever lost.
- View pay stub details anytime – Customers using Zenefits Payroll can securely access and view pay stub information including income, deductions and pay history..
Zenefits plans to add additional capabilities throughout the year and an Android application is planned for availability in the Fall of 2016.
Zenefits is the nation’s #1 All-in-One HR Solution for small business. By integrating HR systems, payroll, and benefits into one comprehensive dashboard, Zenefits makes it effortless to handle everything from payroll and compliance to hiring new employees. With a combination of technology and broker services, Zenefits delivers increased choice and transparency, which helps maximize dollars spent on healthcare. Connecting all the disparate HR systems required to run a small business, Zenefits eliminates thousands of hours of paperwork. For thousands of small business owners nationwide – from restaurants and fitness clubs, tech companies and clothing stores, dentist and doctors’ offices, architects and schools, Zenefits helps entrepreneurs do what they do best: grow their business. For more information, visit www.zenefits.com.